Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 26 - Indianapolis, IN


Thursday, July 17, 2014

I brought The Great Brain and Me and My Little Brain to read to the kids in the car.  It took us a wile to get through the first book but the second book we read in two days because the kids kept asking for one more chapter.  I loved these books as a kid.


I looked up family activities in Indianapolis and found a link to the Rhythm Discovery Center.  It is a children's discovery type museum just about percussion instruments. Seth has been taking drum lessons this past spring and really loves it, so I thought it would really interest him.  It did, but we all had a good time. OK, Lex hates loud noises, so it took longer for her to warm up to this.



They had huge drums and gongs.

\

There were electric drums, which only the drummer could hear in their headphones - I would love for Seth to have these! They also had sound-proof rooms so you could crank up your volume to an 11.


They had percussion instruments in every shape and size, from all over the world. Lex played the cowbell, because you can always use more cowbell.


Seth loved the xylophone and wanted to buy one.  He really needs to find smaller instruments to be interested in.  My favorite part of the experience was clashing these huge cymbals together.  It was a fun, but loud afternoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment