Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wednesday in SF

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday morning we got up to go to the de Young Museum.  We took the bus, like we did to go just about everywhere.  We had gotten week long passes that covered all bus and trolley rides.


We stopped at a bakery on the way and I got this lemon tart.  It was seriously the best pastry I've ever eaten. I dream about it.


The Museum was in the Golden Gate Park.  I wanted to see the Dutch exhibit, featuring The Girl with a Pearl Earring.  Of course, you had to pay extra for the special exhibit and for the audio tour.  The exhibit was several rooms of Dutch prints from etchings and then just a few paintings.  It was a little disappointing.


Several buses later, we ended up at the Palace of Fine Arts.  It was a bit drizzly, but well worth the trip.  The structure and park were beautiful. I thought Mr. Darcy might pop out from behind a pillar and tell me how ardently he admires and loves me.



We headed back to the hotel and changed before going to eat the best dinner of my life.  We went to The Crustacean and had Roasted Crab with Garlic Noodles.  It was truly amazing.  A couple behind us spent the whole time arguing about him going to clubs with other chicks.  They ended the argument by agreeing to go home, watch a movie, and smoke a little weed. Then the husband next to us ordered for his wife and told her to go wash her hands.  I was feeling a lot better about my relationship by the time we left the restaurant.
 

Dave had also gotten tickets to see Jersey Boys, I don't think he knew this plays in Vegas all the time.  Although there was authentic Jersey language in the show (code for swearing), the play was funny and the music was great. It was a wonderful early anniversary date and made me grateful for our 15 years of marriage.


No comments:

Post a Comment