Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tuesday in SF

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

On Tuesday, we got up to take the ferry over to Alcatraz.  We stood in line behind some teenage boys from Germany.  I was curious why they would go there and asked them if they knew who Al Capone was.  They did and I made a comment about how I did know any bad guys from Germany - oh, except Hitler!  Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! It was pretty cold on the water getting over to the island.



When you get over to the island you get headphones to take an audio tour. I was hoping to get Vikki the Park Ranger as a tour guide, telling me stories about poking peoples eyes out and pissing in their ocular cavities! The tour was actually quite good and I was especially interested because I ad just read Al Capone Does My Shirts, about the children of the guards that lived on the island.



After taking the ferry back, we decided to check out the Aquarium on the Wharf.


It was a lot like The Shark Reef here in Vegas, except that The Shark Reef is WAY better.


We didn't stay too long at the Aquarium.  We were getting hungry so we decided to go to a pizza place Ryan recommended.  On the way there I wanted to go see the sea lions on the wharf and Dave did not, so he took off.  The sea lions weren't that great and I caught up to Dave heading back from the pizza place that was closed.  We found a little chowder hut to eat lunch at and I had an amazing crab salad sandwich on Boudin sour doughbread. We walked around the wharf some more and the crepes smelled delicious so Dave went to order one.  He chose one with some sauce that he did not know what it was - it turned out to be full of alcohol, so we just dumped it.  We were having a rough go of it!

Finally we decided to catch a bus over to Coit Tower.  We went up and took pictures walked around a bit.  The murals reminded me of the ones on Parks and Rec, but less graphic!
   


We were pooped, so we stopped by a red box, grabbed a pizza and spent the night in with a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment