Sunday, May 13, 2012

Getting Older

Friday, April 27, 2012

Dave's birthday landed on a Friday, so I arranged for his mom to take the kids overnight.  He didn't know and didn't see the kids put their things in the car and was surprised when the got out at Grandma's with overnight bags.  You have to be a parent to know the sweetness of having a night off.

I took Dave to dinner at Table 34, which had been recommended by friends. 


The food was so good. I will never be satisfied by another crab cake again!  They have a wild game menu and Dave ordered Elk, but I played it safe and got ribs that were so tender the meat just fell off the bones.


Then we went to Madame Tussad's Wax Museum.  I read a Historical Novel about her and have been wanting to check it out.  


Some of the figures looked real and some just looked creepy.


If you look them right in the eyes, it feels like they are going to reach out and grab you!


I wished that they had a little video about how they make the figures. That would have made the whole experience more interesting.


Then we got Route 44 cherry/cranberry limeades and headed home to watch The Help.  The next morning we slept in!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked Table 34. I wish the wax museum had some of the things from the book. That would make it way cool.

    ReplyDelete