Sunday, March 4, 2012

Make A Date With History (Nevada Reading Week)

February 27 - March 2, 2012

This week was Nevada Reading Week. We had dress up days all week at school. we kicked things off with the theme for the week - Make a Date with History. Seth had the best costume in the school and wore the beard all day! Cutest Abe Lincoln ever! I made a fake campfire and read a book about a cowboy from Nevada to the kids as they came to library and did a Nevada History activity to go with the theme.


Tuesday was Crazy Hair & Socks Day. A friend told us about putting a cup in your hair to look like a Who. Camryn had the craziest hair in the school.


Next we had Workout Wednesday. The kids stayed home with Dave and went to Dentist and Orthodontist appointments. I wore Lex's Galaxy jersey.

On Tons of Words Thursday, we all wore shirts with print. I got this Jane Eyre shirt and the kids at school who could tell me who wrote the book got a candy. The kids who looked it up started telling other kids and I got some strange answers - a lot of them guessed Charlie Brown, I guess that sounds like Charlotte Bronte. That night we stayed at school for Literacy Night. The kids went around to the different activities with the art teacher's family and I ran a Library Scavenger Hunt. It was fun but the library got a little torn up.


We rounded up the week with pajama day - I was beat and needed to be comfy!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! But would have loved it more if you would have worn my footsie pjs.

    ReplyDelete