Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home Means Nevada

Friday, October 28, 2011

I was so excited to have my 1st 3 day weekend since I started teaching again (Labor Day did not count - cleaning the cabin was just more work). The twins spent the night on Thursday. On Friday we got up and headed out to Boulder City to watch Madison compete in her cross country regional meet.

The terrain was rough and it was a tough race for Madison, but she did better hurt than I could do on my best day. We stayed around to watch a young man in our ward race too.

After the meet we drove to the dam. We missed the exit to walk across the bridge and so we drove across first, then went back to walk it.

About 2 seconds after I took this next picture, Dave felt the wind sway the bridge, he announced he was getting off, and he took off as quick as he could.


The bridge is huge and looks pretty cool. I'm glad we finally went to check it out.


No trip to Boulder City would be complete without a root beer float from A&W.


We stopped for the floats and lunch.


It's nice to just spend the day together, no matter what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment