Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Costumes

Saturday, October 31, 2010

Alexis was too cool for us this year and didn't want to participate in the family costume theme. Her Sunday School class planned to all do characters from the new Alice in Wonderland. Alexis decided to be the White Queen. This was perfect because we had this white dress that was originally my sister's temple dress, and two years ago was the dress we used for Alexis' Princess Leah costume. We added the puffiest sleeves I could make and put a sheer material over it that we had decorated a swirly pattern on with glitter glue.

Camryn and Seth decided to be Mario and Luigi from the Mario Brothers video games. I bought the hats and added the patches to them and bought the t shirts. The overall I made because nothing out there looked right. The problem with that was there was no patterns for overalls that I could find, so I had to wing it. I loved the giant yellow buttons I found. The kids hated the mustaches, so I put some on with eyeliner under it. Good thing, Seth ripped his off pretty quick.


The Hill Kids:
The Hill & Jenkins Kids:

The cousins and Bo were characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I haven't seen the movie or cartoon, but the costumes were still cool. I loved Zack's commitment in shaving his head for his costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment