Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Camping We Will Go

Friday, August 13, 2010

We decided to take an overnight camping trip the one weekend Dave had off between school years. We went to Lovell Canyon, not too far from us.

We went shooting on the way to our camp site. When we got to out regular spot, Alexis, now a camping expert, want to "show" us how to set up the tent.


Camryn helped with the stakes.


When we got it set up, I was not feeling great, Dave had a slight insulin reaction, and the pump to fill up our air mattresses died. There was some debate about just packing up to go home. We decided to stay and things started getting better.

We made tin foil dinner, we played games (the kids loved the Jenkins' FHE favorite-the Indian Game, I guess I had never taught them before), I read lame ghost stories from a book I had checked out at the library, and we sang some songs. When it got late, and Seth fell asleep in my lap, Dave slept with the kids in the tent, and the lack of air mattresses made me opt for sleeping in the car.


In the morning, we made Barney Biscuits and cleaned up our camp site. We hiked around a little, then headed home, ready to wash up. Somehow I ended up last in line for the shower! We had a rough start (maybe it was the Friday the 13th thing), but we ended up having a good time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment