Thursday, July 1, 2010

We Love to See the Temple

Thursday, June 24, 2010

We drove to Manti from the cabin Thursday afternoon to see the pageant. We got there around 5. After taking a few pictures of the temple, we walked down the main street to the church for dinner.

Camryn was pretty mad. Our original plan was to meet up with Jacquelynn's family and Camryn took a while to get over not seeing her cousin, Anna. The dinner was actually pretty good - turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, and carrot cake. We walked back to the temple to save our seats.


We got a pretty good spot, then went to play at a park we had passed on the way to the church. After playing a while, we found a little trailer selling snow cones.

Eventually, we headed back to our seats. We had a long wait. The pageant started a little later than we expected.

The pageant was a little longer than we remembered also. Camryn started crying about her leg hurting in the middle and I had to take her over to the side of the field for a timeout. I was SO mad at her. She eventually got over it and knew to go sit on her dad's lap - far away from me. When the pageant was finally over, we drove all the way back to the cabin. We got back around 3 a.m., so we all slept in really late the next day. I was glad we went. It is a good memory I have from my childhood and I hope the kids do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment