Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Time

Seth - "I'm thankful for Jesus"
Camryn - "I'm thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus."
Alexis - "I'm thankful for toilets!"

As the sole owners of a turkey fryer in our family, we host Thanksgiving every year. This year Dave's mom went to visit Pappy in Texas. My parents, Jolynn, Paul, and Bo went to Tucson to spend the holiday with Lee's family. That left my family and Ryan's.

Dave fried the turkey and Chris and I divided the rest of the goods.

Seth loved the turkey. It was very quiet with the kids in the kitchen and just Dave, Ryan, Chris, and Madison in the dining room. We used imdb.com (our family's favorite movie information website) to plan out what movies we want to see through the end of 2010.

Next, the boys watched some football and ate some of my homemade apple pie - they obviously needed it. Alexis had made brownies for the kids.

The kids headed outside to play soccer with some of the neighbor kids.

That night we traded Alexis for Zack for a sleepover. We all watched the Parade we had DVRed earlier. That was the best way to watch it - skipping over marching bands and less than funny hosts. The kids played Indiana Jones on the Wii and watched a movie before they all passed out in Seth's bed. It was a quiet but nice holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment