Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Weekend Off

My little sister, Jacquelynn, had a baby girl she named Juliet, on September 17th, 2009. Because several family members were able to travel to see the baby blessed on Conference weekend, they got permission to do the blessing at their house. I decided to take the weekend off and head up to Sandy with my parents. I thought that it would be a relaxing drive without the kids, and while I enjoyed chatting with them, they had the same conversation about whether or not to eat at Subway every time we passed by a town. Perhaps this is where I get some of my indecisiveness.

My sister got my parents and I tickets to the Saturday afternoon session of Conference. I had never been, so it was pretty cool to do. I was amazed by how many people can fit in the Conference Center, and how efficiently they get all the people in and out of there.


We had excellent seats.


Saturday night, all the women folk went to Ikea. I had never been. We ate these floresent green Princess Cakes from the cafeteria - they were totally gross.

Sunday, between sessions they had the blessing and a lunch for their friends and family.


Jacquelynn had made a dress that looked like it was straight out of a Jane Austen novel for Juliet to wear.


It was a good trip. I loved visiting with Jacquelynn's family and seeing their new house. It was very exciting to get to go to Conference. And on the way home Jolynn and her fiance drove with us and I got to ask Paul lots of random questions and get to know him a little better.



No comments:

Post a Comment