Friday, July 17, 2009

The Ford Family Reunion Part II

We spent Sunday at the cabin. There was a short meeting, where everyone introduced their families and laid guilt trips on grandkids for not visiting enough. The rest of the day included less than holy activities, such as playing cards, shooting guns, hiking, and arguing politics. The kids kept busy with Dodge Ball, Kick the Can, and Red Rover. They played pretty hard.



Monday was spent the way all mom's love to spend their birthdays - trapped in a car with their tired kids. I did get a really cool gift from Dave - an iPod Touch. He had already played with it so much, the batteries were close to dead. We decided to join my brothers family to the Grand Canyon before heading home. It was Grand in size, but I think Bryce is my favorite canyon - "Sometimes more isn't better, it's just more." At least I can say I've been there now.


It was a surprisingly good trip, but we were tired and ready to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment