Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Day

Saturday, December 25, 2010

After seeing what Santa brought, we headed over to Grandma Jenkins' house for breakfast (waffles, hot egg casserole, sausage, bacon, and grapefruit) and more presents. The kids opened presents from the cousin exchange. Then the brothers and sisters had their exchange. Ryan had me-so that meant I got the gag gift of the year. My Christmas list read "4 1/2 Black Vans". I meant the shoes, but I got:


He actually put a lot of effort into it. He bought white Hot Wheels delivery vans and cut one in half with a hacksaw. Then he painted the vans black. He wrapped them up in a Vans box for me to open. After we all had a good laugh I got the shoes too. It was very clever and pretty funny.

Next Grandma and Grandpa gave out their presents to the grandkids. Grandpa joked that they should sit on his lap, like he was Santa. Some of the kids did it.


And so did Lee. He looked like he would break Dad.


Later we had everyone over to revive our tradition of eating Mexican food on Christmas-only this time we had Nachos.


Then we had a ping pong tournament. Ryan won, with Dave coming in second. Madison and Diana played, so I didn't come in last. When we were done the kids played.


Dave spent most of the day putting together the giant trampoline we got the kids for Christmas. He finally got it together a little before dark, so the neighborhood kids jumped for a bit before we had to send them all home.


Overall, we had a great Christmas. Maybe the kids got a little spoiled this year, but I guess it's better to do that while they are young and so excited about everything. As they are getting older, this is starting to sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment