Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Sound of Music

Sunday, March 21st

Alexis got a keyboard for Christmas, along with the promise of piano lessons. She started at the beginning of January. She takes lessons from Sister Jex, my mom's piano teacher, on Thursday afternoons. We planned a joint recital for my mom and Alexis. We started off with a family birthday dinner, then Sister Jex came for the recital.

Mom played a few numbers, followed by Alexis playing a few simple songs. She did a good job and is quickly working her way through her beginning piano books.

We finished off the night with my mom playing "You Light Up My Life", as we all sang along. We were pretty terrible. Ryan and I always tease my mom about her playing that so much when we were kids - we still know the words! It was pretty funny, my family has to be some of the most tone deaf people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment