Monday, September 21, 2009

An Apple or Five a Day

Last Thursday I took my preschool class on our first ever Field Trip (this may be my last year doing preschool, which is making me braver) to the Gilcrease Orchard in North Las Vegas. About 1/2 of the moms and a dad came, along with several siblings. The kids were given paper bags and told to pick 2 apples, by twisting and pulling (exactly like in the book we had read on Tuesday) I think the kids ending up with 3-5 apples. I guess I need to work on following directions, but they were having too much fun to just stop after 2.

Here's our group.

Then they took us inside to show us the machine they used to squeeze the apples into cider and gave us a sample. The kids liked the cider until it got a little chunky at the bottom of their cups.



Around back they had crates of pumpkins and most of the kids picked one. We were only there for about an hour, but it was fun and the kids were so excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment